The Data Privacy Office (DPO) of Tarlac State University is a unit under the Office of the University President. The DPO is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 its Implementing Rules and Regulations and other relevant policies, including issuances of the National Privacy Commission and applicable laws and regulations relating to privacy and data protection.
Responsibilities of the Data Privacy Office (DPO)
- Manage and supervise the processing of personal information including the processor;
- Implement policies related to data privacy, information security, records management and data governance within the University;
- Fulfil with legal and regulatory obligations related to data privacy;
- Coordinate with relevant offices to strengthen organizational, physical and technical security measures;
- Ensure proper management of security incidents including data breaches;
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Coordinate with the NPC and other government agencies regarding matters concerning privacy and data protection;
- Inform and cultivate awareness on privacy and data protection in the University.