The Office of Public Affairs (OPA) is a unit under the Office of the University President. Its general function is to execute internal and external dissemination of information on university matters and establish community relations which will promote and enhance the public image of the University through public/media relations and communications.
The OPA serves as the point of entry for community organizations or establishments yearning to work with the University, specifically on the holding of activities within the university premises.
The Office is responsible for the broadcasting of media events, developing university-related stories and materials for general release, and gathering and consolidating information about relevant activities undertaken, programs and projects of the University.
- To provide clients with service of the highest possible level of quality.
- To promote greater visibility and understanding of the University’s varied strengths in instruction, research, production, extension works and other services compelling to its various publics on and off campus.
- To execute internal and external dissemination on University matters and to establish community relations which will promote and enhance the public image of the University through diverse communication and media channels.
The following are OPA’s other duties and responsibilities:
- Publish the University Annual Report before the 2nd Quarter of the year
- Publish and distribute The Bulletin which is the monthly newsletter of the university to stakeholders monthly
- Post news articles and photos through TSU website and social media platforms
- Broadcast activities and events including recorded materials and publish university-related activities in local media outfits.
- Cover and produce photos and videos of university activities
- Regulation of the posting of poster/tarpaulins/ announcements/ advertisements within TSU campus
- Develops brochures, flyers and other information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
- Updating of IEC materials (i.e. TSU Corporate Video, TSU Brochure, TSU Annual Report) for internal and external publics.