The College of Science was created as a separate college by virtue of TSU Board Resolution No. 64, s. 2000. It originally offers Bachelor of Science in Chemistry program. In 2013, additional programs were offered namely Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science which successfully produced first batch of graduates in 2017. In 2015, COS became the home college for Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Food Technology. To date, the College of Science continues to fulfill its mandate to produce quality graduates in the different fields of Science and Technology who are equipped with the knowledge, technical skills, and ethical values needed for people empowerment through instruction, research and extension services.
The College of Science commits to develop critical thinking, polish minds, nurture values and attain excellence in instruction, research, and extension.
The College of Science aims:
- To function as a service college in science and mathematics.
- To produce quality graduates who comply with the current qualification requirements for local and overseas employment.
- To prepare students for higher studies in chemistry, mathematics, environmental science, nursing, food technology and in other related fields.
- To equip the students with the ability to analyze and apply scientific principles and research undertaking; and
- To function as a dynamic partner of offices, agencies, organizations and other entities within and outside the university in research, extension, and production.
The College of Science aims to provide quality education in Sciences and Mathematics through progressive and innovative instruction, research, and extension. It is the home for the five departments which offers the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology