Within the five years after graduation, the BSIS alumni shall have:
- Skills and knowledge for challenging career positions in dynamic and competitive business environment through modelling of information systems.
- An understanding on ethical principles, design and implementation of solutions that integrates information technology with business processes.
- Advance studies in information System and other related fields.
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon program completion, the graduates will have the following knowledge and skills:
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements with respect to organizational factors appropriate to its solution and plan strategies for their solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate information systems, processes, components, or programs and to source cost-benefit efficient alternatives to meet desired needs, goals, and constraints.
- An ability to deploy and use effective skills, tools, and techniques necessary for information systems practice.
- An ability to recognize the legal, social, ethical, and professional issues involved in the utilization of computer technology and be guided be the adoption of appropriate professional, ethical and legal practice.
- An ability to recognize the need for and engage in an independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
The Business Analytics specialization under the BSIS course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to help guide businesses in improving processes, products, services, and software through data analysis. A business analyst needs to have certain skills to ride the line between IT and the business to help bridge the gap and improve efficiency. To answer that need, CCS aims to provide students with the skills necessary to succeed in such a role. These skillsets include:
- Data Aggregation
- Data Mining
- Association and Sequence Identification
- Text Mining
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Visualization
Essential Learning Experience
- Hands-on Laboratory Activities
- Seminars and Technical Trainings
- Live Demonstrations
Career Opportunities for Graduates of BSIS Specialized in Business Analytics
- Business management analyst
- Business performance analyst
- Business analyst
- Application business analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- ITSM business analyst
- Technical business analyst
- Agile business analyst
- IT business analyst
- Business solutions analyst
- Systems business analyst
- Senior IT business analyst