Within five years after graduation, the BSIT Alumni shall have:
- Global competence and well-rounded proficiency in the design, development, installation, operation, customization, administration of computer software and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Assertive attitudes necessary to successfully manage systems development projects supportive of the computing needs of the industry, the government, and the academe.
- Advance studies in Information Technology and other related fields
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon program completion, the graduates shall have:
- An ability to apply knowledge using current techniques, skills, tools, and practices necessary for the IT profession.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate computer-based systems, processes, components, or programs to meet desired needs and requirements under various constraints.
- An ability to recognize the legal, social, ethical, and professional issues involved in the utilization of computer technology and be guided by the adaptation of appropriate professional, ethical and legal practices.
- An ability to recognize the need for and engage in an independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
The Technical Service Management specialization under the BSIT course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish a variety of tasks that are required today in the fast-changing world of Information Technology. Compared to the other two specializations, WMA, and NA, who focuses more on specific fields, TSM students will have a more diverse skillset both on the field of hardware and software. These skillsets include:
- Software Development
- Web Development
- Database Management
- In depth knowledge of office application software, including data handling and reporting
- Technical Support, configuring hardware and software
Essential Learning Experience
- Hands-on Laboratory Activities
- Seminars and Technical Trainings
- Live Demonstrations
Career Opportunities for Graduates of TSM
- Technical Services Manager
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Technical Support
- Network Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Project Manager
- Web Developer
- Software Tester
- Software Developer